Monday, February 23, 2009

Jared and I were both scheduled to donate blood on Saturday. Jared had a pretty nasty cold a few days before and so decided not to donate. He was nice and went with me. Unfortunately, I also struck out. My iron was too low. BOOO. Both last night and saturday night I have been plagued with night sweats. DOUBLE BOOOO. I made a doctor's appointment. Luckily, I think all of my problems can be solved by getting my iron back up. According to the Internets, symptoms of low iron include difficulty sleeping, high heart rates, and night sweats.

Fun Fact: Runners tend to have low iron because the impact of running actually crushes the red blood cells. Females are at higher risk. Females who menstruate are at even higher risk. And vegetarians are at higher risk. I'm totally screwed.

1 comment:

brenbot said...

You should just get pregnant. Then you would stop menstruating. Problem solved.