Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I survived the doctor visit today. I don't understand how it can be so excruciating for me. I tell him about me being denied at the blood donation center and the night sweats, and then he asks me all these weird questions if I have been out of the country or gone on any mission trips. He then looks at my old paperwork from when I had the kidney infection and says it definitely wasn't a kidney infection and that it's weird that they never figured out what it was. so he wants to do a chest x-ray to see if its tuberculosis and lymphoma. So I'm kinda freaking out because I really kinda think I do have lymphoma. So I wait for the x-ray, and then they do the x-ray, and then they make me wait kind of a lot until they guide me back to my room. In my head, that wait is because the technician is like, wow, this girl has lymphoma. She finally guides me back to the room, and then the nurse comes in after several minutes and says the doctor will be back in a few minutes to go over my x-ray with me. I assume that this means I definitely have lymphoma and they are going to break the news. I REALLY need to not be such a hypochondriac. But seriously, can't the technician or nurse just give me a head's up - hey, your x-ray looks fine - don't worry - the doctor will be back to go over it with you. OH NO, that would make doctor visits too easy.

So anyways, no lymphoma or TB. Yay! I wish they had shown me pictures of my x-ray. That's the least they could have done since I'm sure I'll have to fork up all kinds of money for it.

They also took my BLOOD. The iron test should be back Friday. nice!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad it's not lymphoma!

And that video is hilarious. :)