Friday, February 27, 2009

I kinda hate my doctor

EXHIBIT 1 - Infection Fiasco *

Doctor Visit 1

Doctor: What's wrong with you?
Me: I am dying. I feel sick. I have chills. I have a fever. I have severe abdominal pain. I have no energy. Something is seriously wrong with me.
Doctor: You just have the stomach flu. Get over it.
Me: uh....okay, but it really doesn't feel like the flu.

After being in the ER over night and treated for a kidney infection over IV

Doctor Visit 2 ( 2 weeks later)

Doctor: Wow, you were really sick. Your bloodwork is all over the place. I wish we had caught this a few weeks ago.
Me: .....seriously? I really kinda hate you.


EXHIBIT 2 - Iron Fiasco *

Doctor Visit 1

Doctor: What's wrong with you?
Me: I am losing a lot of hair. I'm tired. I have no energy. I think it's my iron levels. There is seriously something wrong with me.
Doctor: You are just stressed. Get over it.
Me: uh....okay, but it really doesn't feel like stress.

Doctor Visit 2 (A year later)

Doctor: Wow, your iron levels are horrible. Your iron stores are completely depleted. I wish we had caught this a year ago.
Me: .....seriously? I really kinda hate you.

* conversations may possibly be slightly exaggerated

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

story telling at its best.

Damion said...

Yeah, dude what is it with doctors? They get paid for that?!?!?