Thursday, September 21, 2006

bananas

They are happy food. I ate half of one today. Only half because the other half was black and mushy. I hereby declare that Jared is no longer allowed to pick out bananas.

Seriously though, only a few minutes after I ate the banana I felt the endorphins kick in and I felt instantaneously happy. Its like when I'm running. I had spent all day stewing over the air quality and getting behind on my training schedule. I spent most of the day complaining about the falling ashes and the tightness in my lungs and my burning eyes. Brenna and I discussed at length on me wearing a bandana over my mouth while running or maybe even buying a gas mask.

Turns out all I really needed was a banana.

3 comments:

J. Giunta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J. Giunta said...

you should eat a banana, then write a proper ode to bananas. with rhyming.
then write a poem about how jared sucks at buying bananas. i really like typing "bananas."
and i love how your first sentence is,
"bananas are a happy food." and how it's all you needed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.